Share this role
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Greater Manchester
- VSM - Attractive Salary
- Closing date:
- 9am Monday 11th March 2024
- Job Ref:
Rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and Ofsted, North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust provides 24 hour, 365 days a year urgent and emergency care to those in need of advice or signposting, treatment and or transport. As the geographically largest Ambulance Service in the UK, our 8000 staff and volunteers serve a population of more than 7.5 million people across Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cheshire and part of Derbyshire. Each year we receive approximately 1.7 million 999 calls, respond to over 1 million emergency incidents and make more than 1.3 million patient transport journeys for those who require non-emergency transport to and from healthcare appointments. We also deliver the NHS 111 service across the region for people who need medical help or advice, handling around 3.6 million calls every year.
NWAS is committed to creating an inclusive culture where diversity is truly valued and take proactive steps to address health inequalities. Our commitment to equality diversity and inclusion feeds into everything we do and is a responsibility shared by everyone at NWAS.
As one of three Area Directors and a senior leader within the Trust, you will play a critical role in planning and delivering high-quality, cost-effective emergency and non emergency transport services and will have accountability for the strategic portfolio for urgent, emergency and planned care across Greater Manchester. You will lead with compassion, ensuring all staff are equipped to thrive, while effectively managing resources to meet local and national targets, alongside balancing budgets whilst continually driving improvements.
Working with the executive team, you will be a key representative of the Trust across the local Health and Care System, engaging strategically across various levels and initiatives whilst fostering collaboration for innovative solutions. Working alongside the Strategy, Partnerships, and Transformation team, your role will be pivotal in fostering engagement that aligns with the Trust's strategic goals and priorities.
You will have significant operational leadership experience and knowledge of leading a range of complex services, gained from either within the health sector or in another relevant industry. We are seeking a compassionate and inclusive leader proficient in developing, leading, inspiring, motivating, and managing a diverse, multi-professional team. You will excel in an environment where prioritising and managing multiple competing tasks and deadlines is the norm. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic and supportive team, contributing your skills and experience to help us realise our vision.
For further information, a confidential discussion, and details of how to apply, please contact our search partners Will McAlpine, Emily Smith or Emma Pickup at GatenbySanderson via email@example.com.
How to Apply
- Please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- You should provide the names, positions, organisations, and contact details for your referees, which must be your line managers and include your current and most recent employer. The referees should cover at least two roles as the minimum. Please note, should you be appointed, you will be required to provide references covering your last 6 years of employment as per the new NHS Fit and Proper Person regulations. Where there have been gaps in employment, this six year period will be extended accordingly. Referees will only be contacted for those proceeding to the final stage - we will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.