Executive Director of Operations
Share this role
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- North West
- VSM - Attractive Salary
- Closing date:
- 9am Friday 22nd March 2024
- Job Ref:
Rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and Ofsted, North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust provides 24 hour, 365 days a year accident and emergency services to those in need of emergency medical treatment and transport. As the largest integrated Ambulance Service in the UK, our 8000 staff and volunteers serve a population of more than 7.5 million people across Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cheshire and part of Derbyshire. Each year we receive approximately 1.7 million 999 calls, respond to over 1 million emergency incidents and make more than 1.3 million patient transport journeys for those who require non-emergency transport to and from healthcare appointments. We also deliver the regional NHS 111 service across the region for people who need medical help or advice, handling around 3.6 million calls every year.
As one of the Executive Directors and a voting member of the NWAS Trust Board, the Executive Director of Operations will play critical role in all aspects of the Trust’s leadership and will lead delivery of the operational response of all service delivery across the Trust, including the leadership of emergency services, resilience and emergency planning, emergency operations centres, integrated Urgent care, 111 and Patient Transport Services. A collaborative and strategic leader, you will work extensively with our regional and national partners, to ensure our provision continues to be safe, responsive and effective.
As a senior operational leader, you will already have solid experience of driving operational performance and delivery in a large and complex healthcare organisation. We are seeking an inspirational and action orientated individual; a compassionate and values led leader able to motivate and inspire our dedicated colleagues and support our ambition to develop a truly inclusive culture. This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive team and to bring your skills and experience so we can achieve our vision.
For further information, a confidential discussion, and details of how to apply, please contact our search partners Will McAlpine, Emily Smith or Emma Pickup at GatenbySanderson via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
- Please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
- A completed fit and proper person form – the template can be downloaded from the same place as the job description.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- You should provide the names, positions, organisations, and contact details for your referees, which must be your line managers and include your current and most recent employer. The referees should cover at least two roles as the minimum. Please note, should you be appointed, you will be required to provide references covering your last 6 years of employment as per the new NHS Fit and Proper Person regulations. Where there have been gaps in employment, this six year period will be extended accordingly. Referees will only be contacted for those proceeding to the final stage - we will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.